Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Spreading the Black Hockey Jesus Love...

I'm a big fan of Black Hockey Jesus. His blog is amazing because he will take what would be a kind of funny kid story on an "ordinary" blog (like mine!) and turn it into a thought-provoking post about how blogging changes your consciousness. His writing is hilarious at times, poignant at others, and interwoven with real and imaginary events and characters.

In light of his recent plea to Satan (LOL) to sell his soul in exchange for blog fame, I made my small contribution and purchased some of his cool merch--a coffee mug for me and a onesie for Pickle. I'm happy to do my part in pimping his blog--though he sure doesn't need "linkage" from me as he's already had thousands of readers even though his blog is new and I've had, like, seven--but a little advertising on a cute baby can't hurt!
See what a cute little billboard she is!
I updated the onseie with a fun tutu. Oh-- and she's eating a "Preggy Pop"--something left over from one of my (many) pregnancies--it's supposed to help morning sickness. I guess one of the kids found it way back in a cabinet and gave it to her? Gross.

Anyway, to take full advantage of advertising possibilities, we went to a hip Asian restaurant:
and Starbucks:
and the park:
Oh, and here I am pretending to drink coffee...
So, if somehow you haven't read his blog, please go check it out. And, BHJ, I'll continue to promote your site via onesie--you never can tell--I've been known to run into Oprah, and having Oprah on your team would be even better than a Satan pact!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what the heck hockey black jesus is or how to access his/her/its blog, but I'm just writing to say that your skin looks fabulous. Have a good one.

Heather said...

You should totally go email him and tell him to check out those pictures. He'd love it!!

Jon said...

Holy Crap this is up there in terms of strange goofy feelings. To see your daughter roaming around... somewhere (Illinois?) wearing BHJ gear. It's tough to get my head around.

But thanks so much for buying that stuff and posting it. Do you care if I rip those pics and post them? I'll link to The Fun House.

Jennifer said...

Gonzo--I mean,BHJ--feel free to use the pics. And I hope it's strange/goofy in a semi-good way and not a creepy way.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

You have a gorgeous pregnant black baby.

I may have mixed this us a bit.

LiteralDan said...

BHJ is indeed awesome and a superior blogger than most. His purpose in being put on this earth was to entertain its people and make me feel like a total poser.

But I gotta respect that.