Friday, July 4, 2008

My Kids Love Sushi!

I'm kind of proud of the fact that my kids are very adventurous eaters and will try just about anything! If there's ever something offbeat on a menu--like frog's legs, for instance, they'll be desperate to order it. They love going to ethnic restaurants and experimenting with new flavors. If eel is on the menu you can be sure they'll be eating it.

They all adore sushi which I know is not that exotic these days--but still-- to have kids at this young age begging for ikura is pretty cool!
Here's Teddy enjoying some!

It's fun having all the kids around for summer and it gives us a chance to out and explore some exciting restaurant experiences! Today we had a great sushi lunch and tried a couple of new things--pickle roll, for one, in honor of our own Pickle:She loves miso soup and, I think, might be addicted to tofu.

Little hands reaching for the dragon and pickle rolls:
Here's Gooser drinking a Japanese soda that kind of tastes like bubble gum. They come in these really neat bottles that open with a plunger and shoots a marble into the bottle:

Here's a couple more from lunch:
And the fish:I think for the rest of the summer we'll try to go to one new, cool restaurant a week. I need some kind of "gimmick" on my blog anyway--so maybe once a week I'll write and show some pics of our restaurant adventures. I guess I'll do this on Saturdays--so Restaurant Adventure Saturday--stay tuned!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you know, I'm low-tech, so I hope you don't mind me commenting here about yesterday's post. I think those brooches would be perfect if they said, "I love-hate you." Do you remember that Kennedy musical with the song "I love/hate you?"

Lori said...

The fish in that last picture look a little undercooked. Good for you giving the kids some culinary adventures, though!

I'm so jealous of Gooser's hair.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. I have one adventurous eater and one kid who will eat about three things!

leezee52 said...

Shoots a marble into the bottle? All I can think of is Gooser swallowing it..it's me I worry alot! The sushi looks wonderful!

LiteralDan said...

I can only hope my kids grow up to be that cool-- we're trying our best, but you never know.