Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's Here! It's Here! It's Here! It's Here!

Sorry--I'm just a little excited! My limited edition The Black Parade Is Dead box set has just arrived!!!

"What's that?" you say. I'm talking about My Chemical Romance and if you don't know who they are/don't like them (ANNE!!) please indulge me.

Wait--if you don't know who they are, go check them out immediately. I'm linking you to a song from an amazing live show--but it's hard to choose just one...I promise that they are the best band ever.

Anyway, I have been waiting and waiting for this box set that includes a live cd, a dvd of their last performance of The Black Parade, a "death certificate" (LOL) and a Day of the Dead mask--all of this comes inside of a special wooden coffin--isn't that cute!?

Here's what I got:
Isn't the mask cool? There are five mask designs (each bandmember created one) and the mask you get is totally random. I have no idea which guy designed which mask--but I hope I have Gerard's (because he's my boyfriend--Don understands) but I like it no matter what.

Here I am with my mask:

And here I am trying to climb into the "coffin":
Here I am with Teddy who is my #1 kid MCR fan:
Here's Gooser "burying" the puppet he made at camp in the coffin...
Is there something wrong with that scene? Yeah, maybe...But I don't care right now--I'm off to watch my DVD!!!!

Edited to say that I just found out my mask is by Ray Toro. I'm a little bummed it's not Gerard..but Ray is a guitar god, so it's ok!!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Candid Carrie said...

There is nothing better in all of America that the following scenario:

Me driving, Black Parade blasting and a five year old daughter screaming, "When I was a young boy my father took me into the city to see a marching band, he said son when you grow up will you be a savior of the beaten the broken and the damned."

We have a great life, don't we?

Put that flippin' mask on the clown and I will come back more often.

Gabi said...

I love love love MCR! You are such a lucky duck!!!!

Jennifer said...

LOL Carrie--so you're afraid of the clown but not the skull mask?? Your 5 year old has EXCELLENT taste in music!!

Heather said...

AHHHHHHH!! You should get that mask as a tattoo somewhere. It's uber cool.

Anonymous said...

How absolutely awesome! Lucky, ducky you!

Sunshine said...

Okay, I don't know who they are, and the mask and coffin scare me a little bit. Lil' bit.

BUT I love your shoes!

Amy said...

That is super cool. Love the mask. Love that your kids are into your music, so up my alley.