Thursday, July 3, 2008

Mean Jewelry

My very, very favorite jewlery designer is Tarina Tarantino. I could walk into her shop blindfolded, grope around and grab something that I would love--it's all great!!

I think my favorite motif is her love/hate jewelry.

I have a necklace, ring and bracelet and I enjoy seeing people's reactions when I'm wearing it--especially the "I Hate You" stuff. It's lots of fun at a cocktail party. Some smiling person will approach me all like "What does your necklace say?" Then they kind of back off saying "Oh...?" Then I usually try to make a dumb joke. It's fun!

Here's my I Hate You ring:
And necklace:

Cute, right!?! I was just looking around on the website and I see several things that I MUST have:

This clip is really fun: OMG and the skull locket!!:

I'm also loving this "baroque"pearl and skull necklace:


I know it's not up everybody's alley though--let me know if you like it!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Candid Carrie said...

I like it on you ... And I think it would be fun to wear to parent teacher conferences.

Anonymous said...

That jewellery is so fun!

I'd love to wear it to a high school reunion. ;)

Jennifer said...

LOL Carrie and Jane--both excellent ideas!!

Anonymous said...

That I hate you stuff is hilarious! Love it and it's beautiful.

KWolfAK said...

uh, weird.... but whatever works for you.

leezee52 said...

Love it!

Mom O Matic said...

I like Candid's idea. Shake up the teacher a bit.