Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th Festivities!

We had a very laid-back 4th of July. Don used the cookbook I gave him for Father's Day and he did some Bobby Flay style grillin'. He made:

Grilled Filet Mignon with Fig Cabernet Sauce (that's a grilled fig on top!):
and Asparagus with Prosciutto and Mint Pesto:Plus I made a smokey potato salad and homemade ice cream. It was all crazy delicious!

Then we went for a nice walk and found some beautiful mulberry trees along the way. Pickle ate a few...

We stopped by a park we like that has a pretty fountain.
Pickle loved splashing her feet in it. There were some beautiful flowers: Later, Don took the boys to see a spectacular fireworks show and had a great time! I stayed home with Pickle because she goes to bed so early--it was actually fun just having time to myself! I watched Rosemary's Baby which is creepy, I know, but one of my very favorite movies. I love so many things about that movie--the mid-60s New York setting, the Dakota and their apartment,Ruth Gordon and Sidney Blackmer as the Castanets...I could go on and on!

I read that they might be remaking this movie in the next couple of years and I kind of hope they don't--some movies just don't need to be remade (Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is a perfect example--I won't even see that remake because I don't want to taint it).

I'm getting totally off track here so I'll just say hope you had a happy 4th!!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Candid Carrie said...

Only you could bring July 4th and Rosemary's Baby together during an Independance Day post.

The pictures are great and it sounds like a perfect ol' fashioned kind of holiday.

leezee52 said...

Hi,
Beautiful photos! The food looks wonderful! I love Rosemary's Baby too... I think that was written by Ira Levin and he has written other books that are just as creepy. You should give them a try and they are old books so they are probably at your local 2nd handbook store for $1.00.

Lee :)

Unknown said...

It looks like you had such a great 4th... & your kids...Could they be any cuter?

Jon said...

Holy Crap I grilled hotdogs!

debi9kids said...

OOOOOOoooh! I LOVE Rosemary's Baby! Great classic! (and I agree, NO remake, PLEASE!)
Thanks for stpping by & leaving a comment & for the record, your little guy does look like a boy. He is quite cute and I can't imagine anyone thinking he is a girl, even with his longer hair.
(I was actually trying to annoy someone with my post. LOL It's my "evil" way of "getting back at someone". haha)
;) Debi

Ruth said...

Rosemary's Baby has been On Demand lately ... I think I've watched it five times in the last two weeks.

You have great taste in movies, is what I'm saying. :)

Lovely pictures ... it looks as though you had a wonderful day.