Monday, July 14, 2008

Anarchy at the Slurpee Machine!

Well, today was Free Slurpee Day at 7-11 (because it's July 11--I'm going to post this later) and it was mass chaos at the convenience store.

My (large) group descended upon the 7-11 along with a huge pack of free-Slurpee-seeking teenagers. You can imagine the scene--cups and straws flying, hands reaching every which way, multi-colored Slurpees flowing. To make things more complicated, the cherry flavor, which was the most sought after, wasn't ready yet and that led to some banging on the machine and colorful language. Also, there was one totally gross Slurpee flavor--Black Monster Ice or something like that? No one seemed to want that one--except my son Patrick--whose teeth might be permanently black from it.

There's something about free stuff that just makes people go crazy! I mean,what do my kids care if it's free? Its not like they'd be paying for it anyway. But they could not have been more excited to get their hands on those freebies.
Even my husband seemed amazed by it--in fact, he didn't believe me. He said "You're telling me you can just walk into a 7-11 and walk out with a free Slurpee??"

Yes, Don--just calm down!

Even Pickle wanted in on the action:
Then, later, the kids begged me to take them back again!I think you'll know where to find us next July 11th!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Ruth said...

OMG ... look at Patrick's teeth!

Ah, Slurpees .... we'll have to stop at a 7-11 when we're home this summer.

Unknown said...

Wish we had 7-11 here in Wisconsin!

Anonymous said...

They look adorable!

leezee52 said...

I'm like that when Starbucks gives out free latte's...Did I hear FREE...lol

Jennifer said...

Free lattes at Starbucks?? How did I miss that!?!

Brittany said...

I am jealous, we don't have one of those around me! I would have been in slurpee heaven!

Anonymous said...

I love Slurpees on a hot day and what tastes better than free!

I wish we had 7-11 here too.

Kelly said...

How was that sugar high?!