Wednesday, July 30, 2008

McBlogging: Beach Day!

Point blank: the beach is exhausting!! It's so much fun for the kids--according to them way more fun than the pool--but, OMG, I need another vacation just to recover from our day at the beach!

The schlep through the sand is killer--carrying the baby, the beach bag, the chairs, the buckets, the umbrella...Then the set-up--applying the sun block alone is grueling! Then the vigil over the kids in the water. I think I'm going to need something a little stronger than my McCafe tonight!

But the schlep through the sand back to the car is the worst. By now your core body temperature has reached critical danger levels and the sand is so hot it's melting the Crocs and the beach bag weighs about fifty pounds more than it did on the way down to the water! And then it's like "Where's the car? Which lane did we park in?" The feeling of actually getting to the car is like nirvana!

For me, the best part of the beach is that moment when you're all in the car with the air conditioning on and you're driving away. I think it's safe to say I'm more of a pool person!

But we did it--we got through the dreaded beach day and the kids are happy as clams--I have the pics to prove it!

Pickle had so much fun playing in the sand.

She was hogging most of the buckets though...
A pensive moment.

But she loved the water more than anything! I've never seen a baby take to water like she does--she has no qualms about putting her face right in!
I like these pics of Gooser running:
Here are the three big boys:
And Teddy holding Pickle:
"No paparazzi, please."

Oops! They're actually kicking me out of McDonald's! I closed the place down tonight!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Ronda's Rants said...

Love it! What beautiful children and I love her little pink swimsuit!Have Fun!

Teri said...

That is the cutest little swimsuit I have seen. Love kids on the beach. Luckily my kids are old enough to now share the mule train duties.

Shannon said...

Her pink swimsuit is adorable!

It looks like the kids had a good time. We've only been to the beach once... my kids were 3 and 18 months at the time. The baby did not like the sand at all!!! Needless to say, we spent most of the time at the pool... which was perfectly fine by me!

Lori said...

I am so with you on the beach thing. It was so much more enjoyable when I was 8.

Where did you get Pickle's bathing suit?

Anonymous said...

OMG they had such a great time! So adorable especially your bucket hog.

You are getting pretty wild closing down Mickey D's.

Anonymous said...

OH how fun! I love the beach....because I'm landlocked...so its a rare occasion for me! I want to take Zander so bad...but its either an 11 hour drive with him or an airplane ride with him....neither sounds good to me right now!

I LOVE Pickle pics!!! She looked so cute in her suit....her cheeks really get red don't they? The kids look like they had a blast!!!

leezee52 said...

I don't know how my parents did it. Santa Cruz, CA beach for a whole month in the summer with 3 little girls and we never got lost or drowned..lol

Kelly said...

I understand completely...I think that's why we took a "beach hiatus" Jack's 1st year...I just couldn't take it (I don't know how you do it with 5!!).
The kids certainly look like they had a ton of fun...I keep thinking about the sunscreen battles...that pure white skin of Pickle's has to be a constant battle keeping it from turning red!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for keeping up w/ my McBlogging guys!

Lori--I got the bathing suit at a little boutique--it's by Kate Mack.

Andrea said...

omg! i totally agree about the beach! it sounds like such a GREAT idea until you actually get there haha! then afterwards you're like, 'why did i do that?!?' love the pink swim suit! you never cease to amaze me with that girls clothes!