Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dudes In Crocs

I'm a fan of the Croc.
The littlest, teeniest baby Crocs are the cutest thing ever.
They're great for kids--boys and girls alike--easy to put on and great around the pool and beach. The endless selection of rainbow colors they are offered in will appeal to even the pickiest shoe shopper. Plus you can personalize them with little doo-dads to make your own funky statement.
I even think they look pretty cute on us grown-up ladies. See--I updated mine with a fun skull and eyeball.
But this morning I witnessed a most unpleasant sight: Grown Man In Crocs. It was ugly, people. Note to the guys: Crocs on men is dorky with a capital DORK. No amount of coolness you possess could make up for this. You could put Gerard Way , who I happen to think is the coolest guy on the planet, in Crocs and it would make me die a little inside. You could be a sexy surgeon a la McDreamy--but even paired with scrubs the Crocs would be a nightmare.

There is no possible way to do it right.

The man I encountered this morning is a perfectly nice-looking, amiable guy. He was talking to me, but I don't even remember what he was saying because all I could focus on was his dork-feet. He looked like a big, giant four year old. I wanted to give him a juice box and some Goldfish crackers and turn Dragon Tales on for him.

So, men, please don't try to convince yourselves that Crocs are a wise fashion choice. I know they're comfy and cool in warm weather, but if you have even the slightest regard for your manliness, step away from the Crocs!!!

And don't even get me started on men in sandals...

Photobucket

8 comments:

Candid Carrie said...

My oldest son, the twenty six year son with the adorable baby ... he wears crocks. They were intense black when he got them with an orange strap and I had a hard time looking at them.

But now, the same shoes are worn and scuffed like his cargo shorts and tee shirts. He he stops in sometimes just to say "hi" or to go swimming, his croc crunches in our driveway gravel, baby on one hip, diaper bag on the other ... tanned from working outside all day, grinning when he sees his mama ... sometimes crocs can be magic, too.

KWolfAK said...

Hmmm, I'm with you on this one. I've never seen a man successfully pull off crocs.

Anonymous said...

Crocs are evil. Period. No one looks good in crocs. They are the Candies of the 2000's. Tevas rule.

Namaste.

leezee52 said...

Ok...I was wondering are the Crocks really good for kids growing feet?
Are they good for support and walking in plastic all day long.
I think they are cute but If my kids were little I would still have them wear salt water sandles or regular sneakers with either tie or velcro. Don't hate me for thinking this.

Jennifer said...

Hi Lee--I've never heard they were bad for the feet? They kind of mold to your foot shape eventually. Even if they aren't the best, I guess it doesn't matter as long as they don't wear them every day.

Anonymous said...

Ha, I don't think I've experienced a man in crocs, I'll keep my eyes open.

Anonymous said...

Juice box, goldfish and dragon tales- seriously funny, Jen. :)

Unknown said...

I love crocs!!! There is a croc outlet like 5 minutes from my in-laws...