Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Yay it's Thanksgiving!! I have been in my day-before-Thanksgiving-frenzy of baking, brining, flower arranging and table setting all day.

Here's a little preview of what I've got going on over here:

First, the baking. This is my "famous" gingerbread cake. It doesn't look too exciting in this pic--but just wait until it's served with the brandied fruit sauce and whipped cream! And the smell that fills the house when I'm baking this is amazing!!
Next, my orange spice pumpkin pie. This is always a big hit--there's a little orange peel in the crust to give just a hint of oranginess as well as some orange juice in the pie filling. See how I got all creative-like and made little leaves around the crust?
Now the flowers. I go crazy with my flower arranging--it's one of my favorite parts of preparing for Thanksgiving. This year, my color scheme is turquoise and orange which will be more apparent in the pics I'll show tomorrow. Here's the largest arrangement:
Then there's a medium-sized one:
And there are a few baby ones:
One more artsy flowery pic:
Here's Pickle sitting at the table in her pre-Thanksgiving dress!
Silly Pickle!
Tune in tomorrow for pics of the big day!

Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!!
Photobucket

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you do all that the day before Thanksgiving and tend to the demands of five kids, you deserve a medal or something.

Happy Thanksgiving!

AV
http://netherregionoftheearthii.blogspot.com/
http://tomusarcanum.blogspot.com/

SouthernDogwoods said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Wow! What a great job! Your flower arrangements are beautiful!!!!

Ronda's Rants said...

How beautiful...not just the flowers...your pumpkin pie looks devine!!!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Dee said...

Have a great Thanksgiving! I want to come eat at your place...

Jeauxdi said...

Everything is going to be beautiful! Can't wait to see the pics!

Happy Thanksgiving!

~*giggle*~

Heather said...

Those floral arrangements are AMAZING!!! You rock!

Happy Thanksgiving! :D

Shannon said...

Your flowers are gorgeous!

Pickle is, too :)



Hope you and your sweet family have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that cake will be amazing! My mom bakes a lot of gingerbread items - and also brandies fruit. I'll have to show her your combination.

And the flowers look lovely! I worked in a flower shop for years, and still enjoy arranging. :)

My coworker covers the top of her turkey with bacon each year. Then the family peels off the bacon and eats it while they wait for the turkey to cool off. Though of Pickle when I heard that!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

You are just so creative!!!

I love the desserts...the leaves on the pie crust are a very nice touch!!

And I love your flowers....beautiful!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your gang!

Sandi said...

You are amazing. everything looks gorgeous and delicious.

I will be loading the hubby and my fourteen kids up to head over. Is that OK? :)

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Everything looks gorgeous, Jen!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

It's all so beautiful and I hope you post the recipes to the pies/cake, they sound delicious! And the flowers, just beautiful.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, can't wait to see the pics.

Becky said...

You get the Martha Stewart award today! The pie with the little crust leaves around the border, the flower arragements! You totally ROCK!

I would love that recipe for the cake. Sounds Yummy!

Happy Thanksgiving Jennifer!

Susie said...

Great flowers!! I love the color scheme! Have a Great Thanksgiving:-0

Tami said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING JEN!!!

Coco said...

Looks like you have been having some fun (stress)

Happy Thanksgiving.

amelia bedelia said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Jenn!

Jane In The Jungle said...

First, love your new pic, it's so you!!

Those flowers are amazing! I've tried doing flowers so I know your's are really amazing!!

OK now where do you live? Gotta save up for the Thanksgiving trip for my 6 next year, LOL!!!!

Angie said...

Wow, I love your arrangements! Happy Thanksgiving!

Jenni said...

Wow! You do Thanksgiving up BIG! I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jo-Jo said...

Man you do it up right! Happy Thanksgiving!

Honey Mommy said...

Your flower arrangements are lovely, and I think the gingerbread sounds wonderful! Do we get a recipe?

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful!! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

The flowers are beautiful!! I love them. And pickle is just the cutest little girl. Happy Thanksgiving

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

It all looks wonderful!

Temple said...

Wow! I mean, wowsie-wow-wow-wow! Way cooler than the bucket of KFC and Crystal Light lemonade I just sat down in front of the kiddos....