Sunday, November 16, 2008

Emergency Mission!

iPhoning this in...

We were minding our own business on Saturday morning--making bacon for Pickle--when I got a call from our security company saying that an alarm was sounding at or vacation house. They summoned the police department to check out the situation, bit things turned onto something of a comedy of errors and we ended up throwing a makeshift suitcase, the kids and the dogs I to the car and hightailing it up here--about a two hour drive.

The good news is that everything I'd okay--we think the wind was so violent that it shook one of the doors so much it set the alarm off. So we have an unexpected getaway!!

The other good news is that I got to cancel my scheduled dental appointment and I stead we're out having dinner and I'm enjoying a strawberry margarita! Wheeeeeee!

Happy Sunday!!
Photobucket

17 comments:

Dee said...

Thats funny, glad its all just a phantom wind. Enjoy the margurita

Ronda's Rants said...

Yummy...I mean the drink. I am glad everything is okay...sometimes it's fun to just change up your routine!
Enjoy!

Jennifer said...

Glad it was only the wind. Have fun on your unexpected getaway!! :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know where you guy live, but here where we are in Maine, it's been wicked windy and set off one of our window alarm sensors in the middle of the night, sending the entire house into a huge panic thinking someone was breaking in.

BTW, your drink sounds good...even for a Sunday morning! Have fun on your getaway...sometimes the unexpected ones are the best kind!

Susie said...

Enjoy your unexpected vacation:-)

Sera said...

Nice! Glad there's not some crazy guy living in your vacation house while you're away, and how nice that you get an unexpected little getaway. Enjoy yourself, and that margarita!

Jo-Jo said...

Whoo Hoo! Sounds like my kind of weekend...well, except for the scare of a possible break in!

Anonymous said...

Good for you!

Sandi said...

Enjoy your emergency! Are the kids with you? If not, I am jealous.

Jen - Queen of Poo said...

Those are the kind of emergencies I can handle!

SuZ said...

Damn wind... but a margarita is much better than the dentist!

CaraBee said...

Yay for surprise getaways! And that it was nothing more than the wind! Enjoy those margaritas!

Temple said...

Glad everything is ok! And tequilla vs. dentist....tequilla vs. dentist...Good call!

Mamahut said...

I am so glad you get to cancel the dentist! Your also very funny when you drink margarita's!

Jen said...

Even thought it was a scary thing that got you out. Anytime, dinner does not have to be cook by Mom is a good time.

The Farmers Wife said...

Yay impromptu vaca and boozin! Hope it was fun.

mrsmouthy said...

And that, my friends, is how you spell "Margaritaville." Life gave you a lemon, and you got drunk off it.