Sunday, August 17, 2008

Unspectacular? Me?

I was tagged by Anissa to write Six Unspectacular Quirks about myself. Now, I wrote a quirk post awhile back after getting into a debate with Don about what qualifies as a quirk. I asked him to help and he gave me a list of insults! So this time I'll do it on my own.

Since I'm SO spectacular, it will be tricky to think of something UN spectacular. But I will try...

1. I am a hardcore night owl. I would stay up until three or four in the morning every night if I could. Since I have to get up pretty early with the kids I don't do this as often as I'd like--but I'm usually up until about 1:00 a.m.

2. I'm fiercely competitive at board games. I mean bad--like you probably don't want to play with me. I have compromised friendships over Pictionary and jeopardized relationships with family members over Scrabble. It isn't pretty.

3. I have no impulse control when it comes to acquiring pets. As it is, we have too many--but if Don wasn't constantly stopping me, we'd have a serious problem!

4. I'm addicted to buying baby girl dresses. I can't stop and I don't want to stop. Oh and baby girl shoes, too. And bows.

5. There seems to be no end to the amount of times I can watch Rosemary's Baby. I NEVER get sick of it.

6. I LOVE driving. Well--as long as there's no traffic--but if traffic's moving and there is good music on, I could drive for hours!

I'm supposed to tag six people now--but I'll just send out a free-for-all tag!! If you want to write a quirk post--consider yourself tagged!!

Photobucket

12 comments:

Kelly said...

It's hard to resist those little girl clothes and accessories especially when you have such an adorable model on hand!!

Jen said...

I came over from Kelly's blog. Congrats on the award. She is right, you are a kick ass blogger and you have a GREAT first name as well :)
Anyway, great blog.

Ronda's Rants said...

Hummmm...I will have to think on that one! Although I am the same with board games...I hate to lose!

Brittany said...

I am a game night junkie! I take is waaay too seriously...we would have a blowout!

Jennifer said...

I'll take you DOWN Brittany!!!

Anonymous said...

OH, I so challenge you to scrabble, we'll have a death match with no hard feelings, kay?

Forgetfulone said...

This is the second blog this morning that mentioned loving to drive. I am sooooo opposite! I fall asleep!

I'm with you on the hardcore night owl stuff. I get my best work done in the wee hours. My husband is exactly the opposite!

Jennifer said...

Cathy--You're ON!!

Forgetfulone--My husband is the same way--total opposite of me!

Shannon said...

You could have been writing #s 1 and 2 about me!

Jennifer said...

It looks like I have a lot of potential board game victims on here!

Heather said...

Rosemary's Baby??? Really?? I could drive for hours too. Give me my iPod and the open road and a really big Starbucks. Heaven.

Kori said...

Ah, the similarities...the driving and the competitiveness in particular. But I have never seen Rosemary's Baby. Not even once.