Thursday, August 21, 2008

So Long, Long Hair!

Well, I finally did it. After all my hemming and hawing and worrying--Gooser FINALLY got a haircut. At age five! This was hard for me because I love his hair and I love the funky long style, but since he's about to start kindergarten I decided that something needed to be done. Most importantly, Gooser was on board with the idea and was ready for a change. If he had really wanted to keep it super long I would have let him!
Here he is before:
Photobucket
His hair was getting a little Ryder Hudson--or whatever Kate Hudson's kid's name is. Pretty long! He was excited to go to the haircut place--mainly because they've turned it into a toy store where you can also get your hair cut! Toys everywhere!

He's looking a little forlorn here in the chair though--putting on the brave face, but getting a little panicky about the cut.
Photobucket
He remained stoic, gripping the steering wheel of his "car chair."
Photobucket
He looks SO sad in this pic--but really, he was ok!
Photobucket
And...finished!!
Photobucket
What do you think? Not super short by any means--but shortER! I think he looks great!

And--it's official--he has a certificate!
Photobucket
The certificate cracks me up--it says "This certifies that Gooser has successfully received a first haircut."

Here he is once we got home--wearing the Spiderman boxing gloves I bought him at the toy store hair salon.
Photobucket
Look out kindergarten--here comes The Gooser!

Photobucket

23 comments:

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

What a neat place! I love the certificate. Gooser looks great.

Shannon said...

How cute! The pics are priceless... doesn't look like he's too sure about getting a haircut, but at the end there's that Gooser smile!!!

Lori said...

My thought process while I read this: "Oh wow, Jennifer cut her hair. I didn't know she was thinking about doing that. Wait, it's Gooser. Gooser! Goodbye to all those beautiful curls?? He's going to look so different with short hair, he won't look like Gooser. Here it comes... YAY! The beautiful curls are still there!" :D

Got a lil sum-sum for you, stop by my blog.

Ronda's Rants said...

My grandson had long hair too! My son, was not as big a fan of it as his mother and I were...but he looks cute with shorter hair..too!
I love the Gooser smile too!And those curls...

Amy said...

He looks awesome. I loved his "before" hair too, but this is very handsome also. That took guts. Whovever came up with the toy store/hair cut place is a genius.

Brenda said...

He looks great! Oh, but what a sad little face during the process!

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

He looks to sweet! He has a beautiful smile! My two year his hair is getting long but it has curls and it is so cute -- everyone says he needs he first haircut! Me and my husband don't think so it's to cute!

Kori said...

He is so stinkin cute I swear. And his hair just makes him. I was a little panicky when I first read that he was getting a haircut so I had to skip the reading and just scroll down.

And then relief. Whew you had me worried.

Unknown said...

He looks really cute in his new haircut!!!

What a great place to get your haircut. I want to go to one of those!!! :-)

Jo-Jo said...

Wow! How did you hold out until he was 5?! I guess cause he has all that curl (so cute!) in his hair. Both of mine got their first cuts at 9mths old! My 2 year old has such straight hair that it was a must. I have decided to let my 1 year old grow out his hair. I can only hope his hair is as cute as your littler kindergartners!

Kori said...

Can I be the first to say that he looks much better with the shorter locks? :) He is gorgeous either way, though, and so glad he made it through! You are one lucky mama! Great certificate, too, and I almost wish they had a similar salon here; O. would do a lot better!

Unknown said...

Long hair rocks, but Gooser looks like he'll do fine. Spiderman boxing gloves? Hey, I'll get a haircut for them anyday.

Miss Blondie said...

aww...he still looks so handsome! He does have awesome hair!

Angie said...

How cute! Your kiddos have some of the best hair. What a smile!

Anonymous said...

Aww, Jen- he looks adorable with his new haircut! He's going into Kindy this year?? Oh my- how time flies...

Anonymous said...

He is tooooo cute!!!!

I can't believe that is his 1st haircut. Z got his right before his 1st birthday. His hair is so thick though I had to do something with it. Plus he had what I like to call the "Hitler Comb-over"....

That is pretty cool he got a certificate and a toy as well.

He has hair that most little girls would kill for!!! So, you better watch those little girls in his kindergarten class...he's gonna have some stalkers.

Anonymous said...

OMG he is so adorable, he will the most handsome Prince in Kindergarten. That sad face picture is cute though.

CaraBee said...

He's such a cutie! Those blond curls, OMG, he's going to be fighting off the ladies in kindergarten!

Brittany said...

I love it! I could never cut my boys' hair super short, would be in tears, so I am a huge fan of his new do!

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer. Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed the rest of the blog.

Kelly said...

I thought the curls were going to be gone and I was going to be so sad...but, he looks great and the curls are still there - Yay!
I love his smiles!!

Jennifer said...

Hi Everybody! Thank you for all the support on Gooser's new "do." I'm really happy w/ it plus when we went out for lunch today--the waitress actually knew he was a boy!! It was kind of nice to not have to explain! Thanks again!!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

He looks great. We have certificates for our kids too from WAY back in the day with little locks of hair. I LOVE those little locks of hair!