Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pickle Party!

Today was Pickle's birthday bash and I'm thoroughly exhausted! It was fun though--and I know Pickle enjoyed herself. We kept things very low-key--just my sister and her kids and my mom. But with all of her kids (four) and all of mine, it still ends up being a lot of people!

I chose a kitten theme for her party (she loves cats--calls them meow-meows). These are the plates:

Here's the table--but I didn't have all the food out yet. I made my super amazing artichoke dip and some stuffed mushrooms plus some chips, etc. and then later we had pizza.
Also, my "famous" punch!
And the piece de resistance: The Cake. No, I didn't make it and I couldn't if I tried. And, no, it wasn't bacon-flavored!
It's a beauty, right?

Oh, wait a minute--I forgot to show you the birthday girl!
Here's another angle so you so can see her dress better. Pretty!
Here's The Gooser in a cat-hat.
I have lots of pizza-eating Pics: Pickle on her unicorn:
Three big brothers:
And Gooser with his cousin, Drew.
Of course, there were lots of presents! Here is Pickle's present pile--the embarrassing thing is that I used wedding paper and "Baby's First Birthday" paper--what was I thinking??
Pickle opening presents with her brothers' help.
She got LOTS of dolls and purses!


Dog Pile!!!

Let's take one more look at the cake--it was so pretty!


And finally, Pickle in her jammies with her hair sticky from candy, having one more piece of cake before bed!
Happy Birthday Pickle!!

Photobucket

23 comments:

Mamahut said...

Can I just say wow! What an incredibly lucky little pickle she is to have you as her mom. You know what I think? If I had a girl now after all the testosterone I would do the exact same thing. I love her cake. Whoever made it is very talented.

Dee said...

Shes one lucky girl! You are a party machine!

Jennifer said...

The party looked fun, Jen! omg- your cake lady blew me away, again! Amazing.

Miss Pickle's dress is so girly-girly with all that tulle- love it.

Aww- and how cute is Drew? What a cute gang of kids you and your sis have! :)

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Oh she is to cute! The picture with your son and his cousin -- they have the same smile -- They are so cute! Sound like she had a wonderful birthday! Thanks for sharing with us -- Much Love --

Anonymous said...

I've decided I want to be Pickle. I want her life. The food, the cake, the parties, the dresses!

Shannon said...

Too cute! Pickle looks fab-u-lous in her pink party dress!


"and no (the cake) wasn't bacon-flavored" LOL!

Ronda's Rants said...

She is beautiful and I love her dress...so delicate!!! I love her name...how very beautiful...she is just the perfect little girl!!!
See, you are so making me cry...

Lori said...

Looks like FUN! The cake is gorgeous, I don't think I'd be able to eat it 'cause it's too pretty. On the other hand, Pickle looks good enough to eat! Happy Birthday, cutie!

CaraBee said...

What a wonderful mom you are! The party, the cake, that dress, oh my. Everything a little girl dreams of. (Some big girls, too.)

leezee52 said...

The cake was too pretty to eat!

Sweet baby girl!

Lee :)

Jo-Jo said...

Uh, my birthday is next month, could you come down here and throw my party for me? Pickle's mama totally rocks!

Ruth said...

I hope that cake tasted as good as it looked.

Ruth said...

I hope that cake tasted as good as it looked.

Kelly said...

Jack calls cats the same thing! Must be the age!!

The cake is absolutely gorgeous!! and the birthday girl was beautiful...Happy Birthday, Pickle!!
BTW, I love her real name!!

Unknown said...

Good good good......

Jen said...

What a great party! That cake is gorgeous! I'm so glad Pickle had such a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful pictures... so full of joy! Feels like being there! :) And the birthday princess looks gorgeous!

amelia bedelia said...

happy birthday pickle. that cake is beautiful!

Brenda said...

What an awesome party! My daughter loves cats too and she has a cat security blanket that she calls her "Meow-meow"!
Gorgeous cake and birthday girl!

Ann Harrison said...

Dang that cake looks gorgeous!
And what a fun mom you are, letting her have more cake before bed!
You're awesome!
(Happy belated Birthday Pickle!)

Susie said...

It looks like everybody had a great time:-)

Anonymous said...

What an AWESOME birthday party!!!! That cake looks almost as beautiful as the birthday girl! Everything, especially family getting together, looks perfect!!! :)

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

What a beautiful party! I love the cake.