Monday, September 22, 2008

Early Halloween Humiliation

Well, I'm not proud of this, but I actually purchased Halloween costumes for my dogs. I have no idea what came over me--I was shopping at Target with Teddy and he was really enthusiastic...it seemed like a good idea at the time!

So I give you...

Prisoner Cosmo
Pirate Petey

and Princess Hazel

Speaking of Hazel--she seems to be completely better. If you don't know what I'm talking about--she had a couple of seizures last week but all the blood work came back normal and now she seems fine. Hopefully it was some kind of fluke.

These pictures crack me up because you can tell by their expressions that they know they should be embarrassed!

Anyway, here are all the dogs together:

And here's Cosmo trying to escape from his costume:

Now--here are the answers to the mystery pics from yesterday:

1.
It's a nutcracker--you lift the tail and the dog's mouth opens...

2.That's a "coal scuttle." An olde-time thing to keep coal in.
3.A "flower frog"--you put water in it and put the flower stems in the little holes to keep them in place.
4.This is an old farm tool--I'm not sure what it's called--but I think it was attached to something and used to till the ground.
5.Egg cups!
6.
This is a pulley--and I think that is a railroad spike stuck in there Whoever guessed that--good job!!
7.
This is a potato basket.
8.
This is a decorative piece (I think!) off of an old wood-burning stove.
Very well done on the guessing!!
Photobucket

25 comments:

Mamahut said...

Your fur babies are adorable. I love Princess Hazel, I am so glad she is better. Your game was awsome, sorry I missed it. You have some very cool toys!

Ronda's Rants said...

That was so interesting...Do you collect interesting pieces?
Your dogs look adorable...I want to put bandannas on my dogs but the kids (who have their own lives for Pete's sake) won't let me! I think they are cute!

Jo-Jo said...

I think the pups are cute! Do you dress up for Halloween too?

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

I Love dressing my dog! They are to cute -- I need to get Casper one. Thanks for sharing -- Much Love

Lori said...

OMG! Give those poor puppies a piece of chocolate bacon to console them after their photo shoot! They are really cute.

CaraBee said...

Cute pups! I love dogs in costumes!

I got two out of the eight right. Pretty sad, but a fun game. You should do that more often!

Unknown said...

I temporarily lost my mind and tried the costume thing on our dogs, last year. They were not impressed. Meesha decided that she was not going to be seen in public, wearing the cute Witch costume I bought her, so she went and hid under the hutch. Sparky decided that he was so not a Bumble Bee, so he went and joined her.

Jennifer said...

Thanks eveybody--I'm glad you enjoyed my crazy dogs!

Jo-Jo--Sometimes I dress up for Halloween--it usually depends on my mood! For the past couple years I have wanted to go as Alice from the Brady Bunch and have Don be Sam the Butcher--but I can't find a blue maid outfit like that anywhere! If anyone knows where t get one, let me know!

Ronda--I guess I do collect interesting things! I hadn't really thought about it--but I have some weird stuff around here...

Anonymous said...

OMG they are so cute, I was laughing so hard...I love, love, love them to death!

Becky said...

You made my day. I am cracking up over here! I LOVE the prisoner outfit. Target makes alot of money off of me because of those impulse buys!!

Brenda said...

Love the dog costumes - plus, if you don't buy the costumes early, all of the good ones will be sold and then you would really be stuck with humiliating costumes!

Anonymous said...

I love the dressed up dogs! I used to do that to my pugs all the time. I even had jackets and sweatshirts for them because they would get so cold in the winter. But, yes, they always had the decency to look ashamed.

So glad Hazel is better....scarey stuff!!!

Aleta said...

Ohhhh, I cracked up laughing looking at the Halloween costumes for your dogs. That's hilarious! I wanted to get one from Greg's dog (Pebbles), but he wouldn't have it. Lol.

Jennifer and Sandi said...

Thanks for stopping by on Friday!

- Jennifer and Sandi

Jennifer said...

Aww, they look sooooo cute! How is Miss Hazel, btw? No more episodes, I hope.

Kelly said...

I love the puppy costumes!! Too cute and funny.
I am disappointed I did so awefully on the item guessing!!

debi9kids said...

Thanks for the giggles! LOVE the dogs' costumes!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Wow..! Nice collection of cute and funky dog's costumes. I too got a nice Halloween costume for my cat.

Anita J. said...

I'm loving the princess costume. Too cute.

LiteralDan said...

Found you through my old buddy Mama Dawg.

You must life in an old farmhouse, or something-- that's quite the collection of odd things. I'm jealous, though, because I love stuff like that.

Shannon said...

The costumes are too funny! Will you bring the dogs trick-or-treating this year? :)

And I would never have guessed any of those items... well, maybe the egg cups. But that's it!

Susie said...

I think what makes those costumes perfect is their long thin faces!! Priceless!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I am cracking up!!! Especially at the prisoner pic. Hilarious! We have a devil costume for one of our wirehair dachshunds and I'm going to find an angel costume for the other one and parade them around. Oh yes I am!

Melodie said...

When my mother got her Dachsund (sp?), my daughter loved to play dress up with her. To this day, years later, she still loves to wear clothes. So, I've bought her a couple of cute costumes from Target for the past two Halloweens. She was a hot dog last year and a purple monkey this year. She didn't get to go trick-or-treating this year, but everyone enjoyed her costume when she went last year.