Wednesday, September 3, 2008

New Fashion Statement?

This morning when I was trying to check my email, my hair was driving me crazy. When I got my hair cut a few weeks ago, I showed the hairdresser a picture of some long sweeping bangs that I wanted to try. She didn't take into account that my hair is curly/wavy--so what was supposed to be long bangs that swept across my face-- would curl, especially in the extreme humidity we're experiencing, and poke me right in the eye.

It's making me insane!

So this morning I grabbed one of Pickle's hair bows that was laying around and got the stupid bangs out of my eyes so I could see my computer screen.

Then I forgot I was wearing it.

I went to school at lunchtime to get Gooser. Had conversation with teacher. Chit-chatted with a few moms.

Went grocery shopping.

Went to Starbucks.

All looking like this:
Photobucket
It wasn't until the older kids got home and said "What's in your hair?" that I realized.

I immediately thought of that movie Whatever Happened to Baby Jane where Bette Davis plays the psycho former child star and dresses up to recreate her glory days:

I need to look in the mirror more!

Photobucket

19 comments:

Ronda's Rants said...

Well, you DO look cute...baby Jane!

Brittany said...

Aww....I think it's even a touch of Dolly Parton:)

Jo-Jo said...

Arn't you cute! I would have died! Hee Hee

Kori said...

It's not that bad it's actually kind of cute. But this did make me laugh histerically.

Elfie33 said...

You look fine. Very cute actually. I think it looked right stylish..*grins*

Lori said...

Ahhhh ha ha ha ha! That's funny. I wonder how many moms are putting bows in their hair today to keep up with the new fashion. :)

Tami said...

LMAO!!! That is too funny Jen!!!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Baby JANE...LOL. Could be you've started a trend...see if anybody is wearing a bow when you go back to Starbucks and let us know.

:) :) :)

Shannon said...

You're rockin' the mini hair-bow look! :)

Blog Stalker said...

Thats the stuff sit-coms are made of! Way too funny! But its not like you were in your house coat or pj's.

Great post!

CaraBee said...

Oh, you look cute! I also got the sideswept bangs but with my super straight hair they go straight into my eyes. Tres annoying. I'm constantly wearing a little barrette that is too girly for a 34 year old woman but at least it gets them out of my eyes.

Kori said...

Stunning; absolutely stunning.

Anonymous said...

I love it! But that's a funny story!


And...I got MY PIGS! OMG, I just love them, and they smell so good! Thank you so much for sending them to me...they made my day!

Aubrey said...

Oh. My. Gosh.

Too funny!!

leezee52 said...

My hair is very curly and wavy too.
I decided to let it grow longer and also one length and no bangs because they always flip up. I also want to hide the neck scar.

You look cute!

Lee :)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA.....I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this post...or it would be all over my computer screen right now. Thanks for making me laugh. You look lovely.....really....lovely!

Kelly said...

LOL!!!! So glad you posted this...it's a gem that will alway produce a chuckle!!

Anonymous said...

I think you look really cute with the hairbow. ;)

jill jill bo bill said...

UNDOUBTABLY the funniest thing I have read and seen in a long time. YOU ARE HYSTERICAL!!!!!!
God, to be a mocha frappachino on the wall....