Monday, June 16, 2008

I Done Knit Me A Rainbow!

I am very excited today because last night I finished the sweater I have been knitting for my sister's new baby. Well, ok, she's not so new--she's six months old--but I got distracted with other knitting projects as I'm known to do and have about five or six other things "on the needles" (that's knit-talk!). I was dragging my heels on the sleeves--it's been *almost* finished for months...

Anyway, here it is in all its rainbow glory:

Ooooh! I just love it!! For anyone that might be interested in details, the yarn is Dream In Color and the pattern is Tulip. I am also working on the same sweater for Pickle--its currently in the same sleeveless state that this one has been in--but I'm on a knitting roll and I think I'll finish it up soon. I thnk I'll also whip one up for the darling baby on this blog: matt, liz and madeline If you haven't read that blog before, you might want to read this first which explains things. It's a very sad story and a pretty amazing blog.

Could we just look at the sweater one more time?
Just look at it glistening in the sun!! Can you tell I'm proud of myself!?!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you make one for me. It is absolutely adorable!

leezee52 said...

It's very beautiful !!!! I know how hard it is to knit my Mom knitted alot too. Pat yourself on the back!!!!