Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!

I wanted to get Don this chocolate/bacon candy bar:
for Father's Day, but I didn't order it in time. I'm anxious to try it, though, because I love me some Vosges chocolates, so I ordered it yesterday and figured I'd throw in some other interesting flavors such as:

-white chocolate + Kalamata olives

-dark chocolate + ancho and chipoltle chiles + cinnamon

-milk chocolate+ coconut + curry

-dark chocolate + ginger + wasabi + black sesame seeds

I'm looking forward to trying all of those, but I'm especially interested in the bacon one! Speaking of bacon, I would also love to try Richard's (of Top Chef) bacon ice cream!

So, back to father's Day...I didn't get the chocolate in time, so Don got a nice selection of wines, including this one:
that I chose only because of the creepy severed hand label. I have no idea if it's any good...maybe we'll try it tonight!?

I also got him this:
because he likes to grill!

Gooser made him a special surprise at preschool:

And the cutest thing is that the three oldest boys went out on their own and got him a sweet card and a Starbucks gift card!

Oh, I also made him some baked treats, again using Noble Pig's recipes! I made the blueberry crumble

and the zucchini muffins. Both were very delicious! Pickle enjoyed them too!

Happy Father's Day, Don!!

Photobucket

4 comments:

leezee52 said...

The chocolates remind me of the weird flavors of jelly belly's.
"Have a great Daddy's Day"

Candid Carrie said...

1. I am trying to be a big girl and come back even in the clowns totally freak me out. Be proud of me, I am needy that way.

2. I love bacon, have you had a peanut butter and butter sandwich on toast with bacon? Fabulous.

3. You saw MCR? How lucky are you? I need details. You should hear my five year old daughter sing The Black Parade! She likes Poison, too, and knows all the words to Talk Dirty To Me.

Anonymous said...

How awesome is that...glad you liked the blueberries and the zucchini cupcakes....wish I had some more!

Jennifer said...

Carrie--Thank you for coming back despite my scary clown and my cat bashing!! I LOVE peanut butter and bacon sandwiches--one of my all-time faves! I'll let you know how the choco-bacon is.

I could talk your ear off about MCR--they are my favorite band and Gerard (lead singer) is my "boyfriend." I took my son Teddy along to the last concert and we met Frank (guitarist), It was so exciting!! I have a video of my then 3 (now 5) year old singing WTTBP--I'll post it soon!