Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Pickle!

I have been taking a LOT of Pickle pics lately--she's turned into such a willing model and since most of the day it's just the two of us--we have lots of photo shoots.

Today I used my new Rolleiflex for the first time--I took a couple rolls of Pickle, then we headed downtown to hit the streets and try to get some interesting people pictures. Point blank--I totally chickened out. I saw so many cool people that would have made great subjects--a policeman with long crazy hair smoking a pipe, a punk rock couple in colorful clothes, a homeless man holding a Dunkin' Donuts cup--so many great possibilities, but I was too scared to ask them if it was ok to take their picture.

I think I need a standard line to approach people--I don't ever want to come off as creepy or anything--so if anyone has a great suggestion as to how I can approach a stranger and ask if I could take their pic, I'd really appreciate it!

So I've taken the film in to be developed and when it's done, I'll have to figure out a way to share it with you--maybe I can scan them?

Anyway, here are some other pics I have taken of Pickle this week!
Happy Friday and please join Candid Carrie for some Phriday Foto Phun!
Photobucket

14 comments:

debi9kids said...

What a cutie & what a character she seems to be. Love these :)

Happy Friday!

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

Love the braids. She is so cute.

Happy Friday!

Susie said...

She is so cute!! I wish I had a line for you to use. Do you have any artsy photographer friends you could ask?

SouthernDogwoods said...

Hmm, how about this one (I once witnessed this conversation downtown between a photographer & homeless man)
"Excuse me, sir, but I am on assignment to take pictures of downtown." "And I would love to take your picture, if you do not mind?"
The man obliged but did not want his entire face photographed but more of a side shot.
Pickle is adorable! When my scanner was broken for a while and I would take a digital picture of the photo & upload.

CaraBee said...

How about: Can I take your picture? I know, it's a crazy line, but I think it might work. Most people, and I've found unusual ones more so than others, love having their picture taken. You can always tell them you'll email (or mail) them a copy.

Rebecca Jo said...

Maybe you can get some cards made up (you can order some free ones off of Vista Print, I think it is) & then when you see someone, ask if you can take their pictures & maybe on the card, have some info where they could see the picture... maybe set up a picture only blog or site? Just a suggestion!

Totally love the one with Pickle's arms crossed.... Love her Rolling Stones shirt too! Rockin' kid!!!

Allison said...

Great shots. I love her little braids, I can't wait to braid Cate's hair.

The last one is too sweet with her signing "love"!

Jessica said...

Pickle is adorable, as always. I was thinking about the same thing the other day. I work downtown, and so often I want to take people's pictures, but I never know how to approach them. Maybe you will get some good ideas here. :)

Jen said...

I love that she loves to model for you!

noble pig said...

Good girl!

And I can't wait to see the new pics!

Candid Carrie said...

A couple weeks ago I was taking pictures of our yard and a lady walked past. We never spoke, but she knew I took about five pictures of her and her dog. She wasn't attractive and the dog looked cruddy so you will never see the pictures but my point is just go ahead.

And you can have a cd made with your pictures and then we get to see what you saw when you were looking for stuff.

Happy Fx4,

Carrie

Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty!
Look at those little braids: how cute!!!!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Love those smiles!!
You could always offer to pay them, no wait...they might be undercover cops and think you were soliciting, LOL!!

Jenni said...

She is such a little cutie pie!