Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Blogiversary!

I can't believe it, but it's my one year "blogiversary" today! It's hard to imagine why I decided to start a blog in May--my busiest month of the year. I must have had so much "material" with all that was going on that I was inspired to start writing about it. Within my first two days of starting, I wrote ten posts!

So enough about that--right now I'm very behind in my blogging and I need to catch up with an update of our Memorial Day weekend. We went to our getaway house and had an amazing time.

The pool was open for the season and luckily the weather cooperated so we logged in a lot of swim time.

Here's Gooser enjoying the water--he doesn't actually know how to swim yet, but I'm going to sign him up for lessons this summer.

Pickle had fun playing with her brothers in the water.

Oh--here she is modeling her new bathing suit!

Here are the three big boys taking a break from their pool game to pose for a pic. The game involves paddling around in those too-small boats and hitting each other with those noodle things.We went to one of our favorite restaurants--the one that serves cotton candy for dessert!

I was getting all punchy with the cotton candy cones. Here I am as a unicorn:

And when I asked Don to take my pic with "devil horns" he said "I think you've had too many martinis!"

Gooser got in on the action too!Some excitement on the trip--we found a turtle!Don rescued him from the side of the road right before he was about to become road kill. He spent the night in our ball pit wading pool thing, but the next day we let him go.Random portrait of my Rolleiflex! So far I am NOT getting such great pics with it--must keep practicing!We went down to the beach to set off some fireworks and I attempted to get some group shots--but Pickle just wouldn't cooperate.

These were the "best" ones I got--and that's not saying much.

But I was able to get some decent non-group pics. Here's Pickle enjoying the beach:And dancing on the beach:Relaxing in the sand:"Downward-facing dog!"Andy and Gooser:Patrick:More Gooser:I got a decent sunset pic:And a sunset with trees:And I got a good shot of our pool too--the sky was so beautiful--it was hot pink!I also did a photo shoot in the backyard. One evening, the light was so pefect and I was begging the kids to let me get their pics in this amazing light. They were playing and didn't want to be bothered--but I got a couple.

Pickle glaring at me--but look at the light!

The light! The light!Gooser glowing in the light:Patrick engulfed in the light:And finally, we went to a low-end fun fair. I thought it would be a good place to get pics with my Rolleiflex--we'll see how those turn out--but here's one of the kids with a really makeshift rendition of Shaggy and Scooby. What happened to Shaggy's upper lip?Whew--that was a looooooong post! Here's to another year of blogging!

23 comments:

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

That is the worst Scooby and Shaggy I've ever seen! lol
I love the Pickle pics of course, and the one of Andy & Gooser is especially good, I think. I LOVE the sunset picture. And I want to jump in your pool!
Happy Blogiversary, I am really glad you started blogging. I look forward to your posts and you're one of my MUST reads!
xoxo

Rebecca Jo said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!

First - what's this place that serves Cotton Candy? How fun is that! Love all the fun with the cardboard cones!

All those pictures are great! The lighting is fantastic - especially the one with Gooser's face!

Love little Pickle's bathing suit! A tutu bathing suit fits her perfectly!

Hope your pictures turn out good from your camera at that fair.. looks like it is the perfect background for an old camera like that... I have to say - the Shaggy is sorta creepy though...

Jennifer said...

Happy 1 year blogiversary, Jen!!!!

You got some really great pictures of the kids. I especially love the ones of Miss P relaxing on the beach and her yoga pose. =)

Hope your pics turn out. You must share them, k?

Allison said...

Happy Blogoversary!!!!

I actually loved the group shots on the beach, especially the one of Pickle on (was it) Andy's back?!

Looks like lots of fun!

SuZ said...

Yeah! Happy Blog-Day... wait, it's anniversary, right?

Happy ANNIVERSARY!!!!

:)

How are you liking the rolli?

Rebecca said...

Great pictures! Where is that? I need go to a restaurant that serves cotton candy!!!

CaraBee said...

Happy Blogiversary! Those beach pictures are amazing! I guess that's Lake Michigan?

Ashley said...

Happy Blogiversary!!! I love all those pics. Glad you all had a good holiday weekend!

Kori said...

Happy blogiversary! Love the pics, and here's to another year!

Erin said...

I wanna come to your beach house! Looks like fun!

Mimi said...

Looks like a great vaca & an AWFUL Shaggy & Scooby, LOL!

Happy Blogiversary!

Jen said...

I love all your photos! Happy Blogiversary.

noble pig said...

Happy one year! It looks like ou had great weather. It's always nice when the pool opens p for the season!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Happy blogiversary - you cannot possibly run out of material with your beautiful kids and fascinating projects

SouthernDogwoods said...

Yay! Congratulations on your Blogiversary! Wishing you many more! Yeah, what is up with Scooby?!?!?

Jenni said...

Happy Blogoversary!

You got some AMAZING pictures!!!

Susie said...

Happy Blogiversary!!

Ronda's Rants said...

Happy Anniversary....and I love the pics!

Teri said...

I always love the pix. Pickle's swimsuit...to die for! And your beach portraits, love them!

tiarastantrums said...

Congrats on your blog anniver

Becky said...

Those pictures with the sunset are amazing. I love them!~ You are definitly getting a flare with your photography. What kind of camera are you using? I am saving right now to get a good one, and planning on going to photography school soon.

Love the martini unicorn mom;)

Auds at Barking Mad said...

I ABSOLUTELY am in love with your beach shots. The light was brilliant and that first single pic of Pickle is just gorgeous! Blow that baby up and frame it!

Oh and happy *albeit a tad belated* blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary! You don't look a day over 11 months. :)

Vincenzo would die and go to heaven if we found a turtle on the side of the road.