Saturday, May 23, 2009

Blog Slump

I have to admit--I'm in something of a blog slump. I'm coming up on my one year "Blogiversary" (I have to check the exact date--but it's late May) and this has never happened in my almost one-year of blogging! I think that it's just the general busy-ness of May that has me in so many directions I'm having a hard time focusing.

I haven't even been taking pictures. In fact, I went through my picture files tonight in hopes of finding something good to blog about, and there was just nothing new.

I went all the back to January and stumbled on these pics:

I have absolutely NO memory of taking these and NO clue why the kids are staring in terror at a giant casserole (meat loaf?--I'm not sure what it is). It's a mystery!!

Anyway, we're off on a mini-vacation for the Memorial Day weekend--which will hopefully include some swimming and sunning. I'll be back next week--let's hope with some good pics and fun stories.

Have a great long weekend!

Oh--one more thing--who's going to BlogHer?
Photobucket


16 comments:

Susie said...

We all have the slumps! This too shall pass!

Have a great Memorial Day:-)

CaraBee said...

Nothing cures a blog slump like a great mini-vacation! Have fun!

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh my gosh... those pictures are hilarious... what the heck is in that pan???? I'm afraid now too! :)

Enjoy your long weekend!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Love the photos! Everyone has their Blog-slumps every now & then. Enjoy your vacation - have a great Memorial weekend!

Allison said...

love their faces.

I have had some blog slumps, too, don't worry, it'll come back to good blogging (even though I haven't noticed a lull or dullness to your blog). Have fun this weekend.

Mimi said...

I would love to know why your kids were terrified of the casserole!

Becky said...

How in the world can you NOT know what is going on in that picture?? OMG LOL!

I go thru spurts of bloggy slumps too, but then when it rains it POURS! Don't worry..it will pick back up. Oh my goodness, you have 5 kids and are moving! Something blogworthy is bound to come up!

Sera said...

Yeah...the slumps come and go for me. I think it's just part of trying to fit the blog into the reality of a chaotic life! That picture is so funny, and it's funny to wonder what they were thinking, too. Not going to BlogHer, but I'm going on the SITScation in October!

noble pig said...

I think they were pretending it was blood...who knows..but it's funny!

No blogher for me.

Aleta said...

I'm in a blogging blues too. Just keep writing, even if it's something short and simple and a picture. That's good enough to keep the blogging muse happy (and your readers too!)

KWolfAK said...

I've had a BIG OLE slump....for the past 5 months. You are doing really well! I've only just started posting again and it is still only once every week or so. Don't feel too bad.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Hope you had a good weekend! The pics are funny, whatever the meaning may be! lol

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I am just coming out of the other side of a bloggy slump...I just tried to throw up a post on occasion and backed off the commenting for a bit. Miraculously, I think it worked! I feel like my old blogstalker self again!

I think it really has been the way of the blogs lately too:)

Hang in there and enjoy your mini vacation!

Those photos are hilarious!!! My kids look at their dinner like that every night!

Ronda's Rants said...

Have fun...you hide your "slump" well! I love the picture, the kids are cute. Have fun! I hope it's not raining wherever you are...

Kori said...

If it is, in fact, meatloaf, I totally GET their looks of horror. I am in a blog slump, too; I don't know why. And I am nto going to BlogHer, though I wish I were.

Anonymous said...

I should notify my friend about your post.