Friday, May 29, 2009

Little Miss Diva

Pickle has always had diva-like tendencies--but it seems the older she gets, the more dramatic she gets. Just an example of some of her antics over a 24 hour period:

--She takes a bottle of water with her to bed at night and last night at about one in the morning I heard her over the baby monitor calling to Gooser who shares a room with her. "Gooser! I need more water in my bottle! GOOSER! I need more WATER in my BOTTLE!"

Luckily, he can sleep through anything, so she eventually gave up and went back to sleep.

--Yesterday for no apparent reason, she poured one of those drinkable yogurts all over the floor near the dog dishes. I got mad and asked her she did it and she shrugged and said "It was just a joke." (That's her new line.) I said "Well, it wasn't a very funny joke." and then she burst into tears and sank to floor sobbing with her face in her hands. "I sorry Mommy! I really really sorry!"

--Also yesterday, she threw off her Crocs in disgust "I can't like these shoes." she said (She says I "can't" like instead of I "don't "like.) Then again sank to the floor howling "I need my SPARkle shoes! I need SPARkle shoes!" Once I got something sparkly on her she ran off happy as a clam.

Of course, I think a lot of this diva-ish behavior is because all four big brothers spoil her rotten.
She has them completely wrapped around her cute little finger!
**I'm going out for a belated birthday dinner tonight at this totally over-the-top restaurant. There will be 25+ courses--all really wild and I thought it would be fun to Twitter it as they come out. So starting around 8:30 EST I'll start--follow me on Twitter (it's on my sidebar) if you want to check it out!

And please join CANDID CARRIE and check out what going on at her PHRIDAY FOTO PHIESTA!


Photobucket

15 comments:

Kori said...

I can't like any more sweet pictures of the Pickle; it makes my ovaries SCREAM. Just sayin.' Have so much fun at the dinner!

Jennifer said...

I can't really like them- so hilarious! And so diva-ish for sure! :)

25 courses? Sounds like a blast. I'll keep my eye out on twitter this evening.

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Your little ones (and big ones) are so adorable! I scrolled down through a couple of posts, and by gosh you've got some great pics of them!
Thanks for coming by my blog. (I'll add you to my list so I can keep up.) :)

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

Her brothers are so sweet to her!!! How sweet!!! Your kids are adorable.

She sounds just like my son. He also uses can't instead of don't and he sobs over stuff just like pickle.

And just for the record I love the picture of that guy for your profile pic. He's hot. Yes I'm married but that still doesn't keep me from noticing. hehehe

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

ps didn't yall just move? I heard that a big move can change their behavior or any big type changes can make their behavior seem a little more unusual. When Breelyn was born Andrew started acting just like what you are describing about Pickle. Just thought you would like to know. Have a great weekend!

Happy Friday!!

Erin said...

Pickle and Merrick should date.

Becky said...

She is the baby of the family:) I'm afraid that is what happens;) Same thing going on over here!

Rebecca Jo said...

I have to agree though - I think we all just need SPARKle on us!!! hehe!!

That is too funny! I love that she says everything is a joke! The things that kids say to get out of trouble!!! You should write a book with all the stories.. "Story of a Pickle" - I'm telling you - it'd sell!

Glenda, saved by grace said...

I know just what you mean. My baby daughter is 15 and she has 7 older brothers! Spoiled little girls!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Everyone needs a Diva! And what a cute diva you have! Love the pics and the diva remarks! I will be checking Twitter - 25 dishes - Wow!

Liz M Derry, midwife, CPM, LM said...

That sounds so much like Reagan it is not funny, lol. Love reading about her antics and seeing the way too cute pics!

CaraBee said...

With all those boys doting on her, it's no wonder she's a little diva. That dinner sounds wild, I just followed you, can't wait to hear about each course!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I love that Pickle even more! She is cute as can be.
I saw your tweets tonight, what an interesting dinner!

Amy said...

I'm not sure how old your Pickle is since this is my first time visiting your blog, but she sounds like my 2 year old, Simon. Instead of just saying "want" or "need" it's "I wanna needa...". As in "I wanna needa snaaaaack!".

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Ooh, this post made me laugh big time! Astrid is such a girly girl, but I can definitely detect some of those diva tendencies in my little angel too! Things have to be her way or else!