Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Laundry and Art

Since have been doing nothing but laundry and more laundry today (except for a quick run to the store) I have absolutely nothing interesting going on. The highlight of my day was when some stuff I had framed was delivered--so I thought I'd share that brief highlight with you...

These first two are "found objects" that were so cool I decided to frame them. This one I call "Dental Damn." It's a collection of weird old fake teeth lodged into some weird black goo. I had it mounted on red velvet and I think it looks just right!


The next dental-related item I call "The Wheel of Misfortune." It's some kind of antique tooth shading chart. This one I mounted on black velvet.
Then I had my poster of Little Edie framed. It's an original poster from her nightclub act at the Reno Sweeney in NYC in the 70s and it's signed by the photographer. I chose a frame that accentuated the leaves in her hair.

And this last one is a LARGE photograph by the photographer Chris Anthony that I told you about on our L.A. trip. It's called "Breathe" and is the image of a woman emerging from the water wearing clown makeup. It's so up my alley! I just went with a simple black frame on this one.
Hmmmm...it's not showing up too well--let me see if I can find a close-up of the woman. Sorry--can't do it right now. Anyway, she has clown makeup on!

So that was my big thrill of the day! Tomorrow: More laundry!!
Photobucket

9 comments:

CaraBee said...

How interesting! I would never think to make art out of those teethy things. I'll bet your house is so cool.

Rebecca Jo said...

You are so unique & I love every bit of it!!!

Erin said...

where you you gonna hang your dental art?
I would hang the color chart in the kids BR to remind them to brush!

Unknown said...

SHUTUP!
Where did you get the Little Edie?
I am SO jealous...

I have an abnormoral fear of anything teeth.
I can't even engage in loose teeth in my own home.
I can't talk about teeth anymore.

Waiting to see the close up of the clown woman.

Brenda said...

While the teeth-things are a little weird, you mounted & framed them beautifully!

Teri said...

I just love your taste in art. I'm serious. That is all so very cool.

Heather of the EO said...

Speaking of Little Edie, the play hits the theaters here soon! I am so curious...I so want to go and see if the stage actors do the Edie's justice!

noble pig said...

Wow, those are so different and cool. What roms will you hang them in?

SouthernDogwoods said...

Cool! I love it all!
Thanks for entering for my giveaways! And thanks for your kind words! Best of luck on winning!