I might as well rename my blog "Jennifer's Boring Blog About Real Estate" as that's all I seem to talk about...
I know I have gone on and on about what a nightmare it is to keep our house even semi-clean and ready to show to prospective renters/buyers. After the botched rental, it seems even harder! I think I got out of cleaning mode and was so happy to be done with it that I went to the other extreme.
The house is a disaster!!
It doesn't help that we've been crazy-busy, not just dealing with our tenant fiasco, but with the millions of interesting things our kids are involved in.
Tonight, for instance, Andy was in a jazz concert that took place at a very prestigious venue with probably hundreds of people watching! It was a lot of fun and I think I'll dedicate a whole post to it soon (I took tons of pics that I have to go through first)--but just the dynamics of getting everyone ready for an event like this becomes all-consuming and, as a result, the house gets trashed. (I also had a nervous breakdown over Andy's pants-but I'll save that for the other post too.)
Anyway, just as an example of how quickly the house can spiral into a pig sty--here is a pic of my kitchen counter this evening:
I numbered the items as a handy reference. 1. Leftover tomato/chicken/cheese concoction for tostadas (from Noble Pig!). I had attempted to make a picnic dinner...but then it rained....but all that will be in the other post.
3. Klassy Kups for champagne.
4. Worms for turtle (at least I moved the crickets!)
5. Leftover water bottles.
6. Bag o' nipples.
7. Lots of bottles (Pickle still drinks out of a bottle, ok! Yes--I know she's 2 1/2 but the "Bottle Fairy" has been too busy cleaning the house!)
8. Bags from Cost Plus. I bought these glasses--aren't they cool!? I don't know if you can tell in the pic--but they have fleur de lys on them.
9. Bag of art supplies.
10. Flower arrangement to prettify the house--but never made it off the kitchen counter.
11. A bunch of miscellaneous crap.