Monday, June 8, 2009

M.I.A.

I'm so sorry I fell off the face of the Earth!! I have never gone so long between blogs--even through vacations and rampant stomach flu--and I don't even have a good excuse. I guess have been overwhelmed lately with our ridiculous real estate transaction that has been going on for ONE YEAR!!

It seemed this past week we were getting much closer to a deal. Don went off to have some strategic meetings with Mr. Howell and we had lots of meeting with our realtor--all of which left me mentally exhausted and unable to come up with a reasonable blog.

See, Mr. Howell--after ONE YEAR of negotiating with us--which included offers, counter-offers, contracts, lawyers, realtors, appraisers, contingencies, our house for sale, our house for rent, endless hours of cleaning, open houses, baking thousands of cookies for that home-style aroma, storage, and lots of crying and screaming--has decided (when we were this/close to a deal mind you) that he wants to look into selling his house to a charity so he can get some kind of tax deduction!?!

Does that make sense to anyone? Can you get a tax deduction if you sell, not donate, your property to a charity? It makes NO sense to me. But, in any case, we are on pins and needles waiting for him to make a decision. It is very stressful. Adding to the stress is the fact that our house is still on the market (even though we don't technically have a deal now) and I still have to constantly keep it clean--not easy with five kids and ten thousand animals--and will soon be even harder as today is the last day of school.

So...just a little stressed out here!

Actually, it feels good to vent--though I'm sure it doesn't make for a very interesting blog read...sorry!

I'll leave you with a pic of Undercover Pickle and the promise of being a better blogger!
Also, could everyone please cross their fingers that Mr. Howell takes our offer!?! Thanks!
Photobucket

15 comments:

SouthernDogwoods said...

It is the dreaded Mr. Howell AGAIN! Oh no! I am so sorry. What a doof! Hopefully this idea will not go as he hopes & you guys will be get the house. I know how much you want this nightmare to be over with!

Rebecca Jo said...

Been wondering if everything was OK... glad to see you back!

And I'll for sure keep fingers crossed!!!

Erin said...

Oh no!!! Hope it all works out!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Oh Jen!! What a nightmare, Mr Howell needs a good whackin'!!

Becky said...

What a butt cheese.

That really stinks:(

I'm so sorry!

Heather said...

Oh, I'm so, so, soooo sorry Mr. Howell is dragging things out. That makes no sense with the SELLING to a charity for a tax write-off. Huh?!?

I hope he comes to his senses and accepts your offer SOON and that you have a buyer for your house SOON too!! Real estate transactions and moving are the MOST STRESSFUL things to go through, I swear! :P

Hang in there!!!! (((hugs)))

Jennifer said...

Been thinking of you.

I hope you get a a decision from Mr. Howell soon. It has to be soooo aggravating to be in real estate limbo.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Cute picture of Miss P. =)

Susie said...

I can't believe the house saga is still going on!! How frustating!

CaraBee said...

Mr. Howell is turning into one gigantic pain in the arse! Fingers crossed for you!

noble pig said...

I was starting to worry but figured you were busy. What a nut he sunds like and a pain in the arse. Unless he donates all the proceeds I'm not sure how it wold be a deduction.

Jenni said...

I am sorry the man living in the house you want is a LOOOOOOOON atic, Jen!

Silvia said...

Sorry Jen but I gotta ask - is the house really worth all of this?? There's gotta be another house out there that will suit your family..... and have a sane seller. Lol

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I was wondering where you'd went!
I hope Mr Howell stops being crazy and just takes your offer.
Good luck!

Angela L. said...

Please don't worry about the blog. Just write when you can! As long as you come back to it, that's what counts. Not how often you write.

Good luck with the house deal.

Anonymous said...

No way.....tell Mr. Howell to take his medication for craziness and sell you the house already!!! Geez!!!