Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tired!

OMG what a loooong day (I say as I write this late Tuesday night). I am honestly so tired that I am beyond sleep--I have entered some new realm of overtired sleeplessness!

My day started bright and early with the open house looming--I had to get the non-sick kids to school and clean the entire house before 9:30 a.m. I also made a batch of butterscotch blondies because I'm hell-bent on getting that bakery smell in the air.

So I had to evacuate the house for several hours and I decided to try and get some birthday-related errands done for Andy's big day. Of course, I was nervous doing this because I had to bring poor sick Teddy along--but he was a trooper. I think now that the antibiotics are in his system he's feeling a little better.

So we did some present-shopping and had lunch--then I felt that I really needed to get him home to rest. I dropped him off and continued my birthday errands, including a trip to the grocery store for the chocolate fountain fixin's--I did manage to pull that off!

I think Andy appreciated it!
I know Pickle enjoyed it!!
Then I tried to get some study time in with Patrick who was in the next round of the spelling bee (county level) tonight. I was so tired that I fell asleep in the middle of asking him a word!

After a quick dinner and Andy's present-opening we headed off to the bee. Good news! Patrick has made it to the next level again! This time it will be at the state level! The winner of that one will go on to the National bee in Washington D.C.! Have I used enough exclamation marks in that paragraph!?! !!!

You wouldn't have believed these crazy-time words get got--vorlage (pronounced for-lagga), Baedeker, pangolin, realschule (I don't even know how you pronounce that one!) It went on for hours...and hours... It was nuts!



Big congratulations to Patrick! He also won a Borders gift certificate and got a nice t-shirt. He is very proud!

So here I am just now getting to my computer for the first time today--I had almost 100 emails waiting!! Thank you all for the birthday wishes for Andy and I apologize once again for not getting around to any blogs--I am crossing my fingers the rest of the week won't be so crazy and I can start to catch up!


Photobucket


25 comments:

SouthernDogwoods said...

WooHoo! Congratulations Patrick! Happy Birthday Andy! Get some rest Jen!

I have said it before but girl, you are one busy chick!

Ronda's Rants said...

How exciting...you are a great wife and Mom...your kids are testimony to that...take good care of Jennifer...we all like her very much!:)

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Andy.
I am the worlds WORST speller ( as you can tell from my blog). I am in awe of Patrick. What a great kid you got there.

I have a spelling bee question. Why do the ids ask so many questions before spelling the word (definition, country of origin...) Does it help with the spelling or are they just buying time?

Jennifer said...

Thanks so much everybody!!

Kristin--I think one of the reasons they ask all those questions is to be 100% they know what word they're tslking about--and also to buy a little time. If you have no clue what the word is, the language of origin is really helpful in figuring out the spelling and sometimes hearing it in a sentance, etc. can jog your memory as to what it is. I think one of the most important questions is asking for alternate pronunciations--that can be really helpful!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Patrick!

I had wondered about a choclate fountain, now I know, so does the whole office, they think it's wonderful. Juding by the look on Pickle's face she'll be wanting chocolate covered bacon pieces next.

btw, don't show her this, I don't want to be accused of implanting subliminal messages.

AV
http://netherregionoftheearthii.blogspot.com/
http://tomusarcanum.blogspot.com/
http://thingsthatfizz.blogspot.com/

Kori said...

Congratulations Patrick!

Happy Belated Birthday Andy!

Get well soon Teddy!

Sleep Jen! Sleep!

Jen said...

You know, I am so impressed with everything that you are doing right now. It is nothing short of amazing!

Rebecca Jo said...

YES.. hope he makes it all the way! When the spelling bee is on - that's always so cool to watch those kids!! What a impressive young man!!!

Love Pickles chocolate face!

Allison said...

Congrats to Patrick! What an accomplishment.

Hope that Teddy is feeling better.

Jennifer said...

Wow, you're pretty busy, girl. Make sure you don't run yourself too hard. I hope the house sells soon! {crossing fingers}

A BIG Congrats to Patrick!! How awesome! :)

Brenda said...

Yeah Patrick! I've NEVER even heard of those words, let alone know how to spell them! What a smartie he is!

Your chocolate fountain looks decadent!

Heather said...

First off, good luck with the open house, hope it brings in some good prospects!

Secondly, YAY PATRICK! That is AWESOME! I hope he makes it all the way to DC, woo-hooooo! Break a leg (in case I shouldn't say good luck...)!

Thirdly, I want you to come to my house for my birthday and set up one of those chocolate fountains. Mmmmmmm, chocolate. No, that's not just the PMS talking. (The PMS talking is what led to yesterday's lunch of Cheez Doodles.)

:D

Anonymous said...

That is so great I hope he makes it...glad you got to the fountain I'm sure he loved it!

SuZ said...

Wow, no wonder you are tired. Are you sure you're not SuperWoman? You have to at least be SuperMom!

:)

Ashley said...

Wow! Big Timer!! Way to go Patrick!!

Ann Harrison said...

Oh Jennifer, that is such great news! Congratulations Patrick!

And those words?!? I need to go Google them right now. What are they?!?

Teri said...

Congratulations!!!

I wanna chocolate fountain.

Susie said...

Oh, I am so glad you were about to get that fountain for Andy! Great job Mom!

Jenni said...

Yay Patrick! I hope your open house went well and that Andy had a happy birthday!

Becky said...

Man~ I have to use spell check every time I send anything because I suck at spelling!

Patrick~you ROCK!!

CaraBee said...

Yay for Patrick!! How exciting! That chocolate looks sooo yummy.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Congrats to Patrick! That chocolate fountain looks SOOO good!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Yea Patrick, You Go Guy!!

Jen said...

Way to go Patrick! That is awesome! Glad Teddy is feeling better, too!

amelia bedelia said...

WOW! I'm impressed! I am a horrible speller. Good luck to him!!