Monday, June 28, 2010

Oh, the Guilt!

I can't tell you how guilty I feel for abandoning my blog. Let me say that part of it is the nature of what's happened to Blogger and how DIFFICULT it was for me to add pics which, as you know, is a big part of the blog.

When I was trying to do that last post for L.A., it took HOURS to get it done because of the new makeshift system for photos and I basically gave up out of anger. I don't know if it's better now and I'm almost afraid to try. I also doubt anyone is still reading...and I don't blame you!

It seems my comments are taken over over by weird Asian characters and that makes me sad, bt tonight I got a comment on a long ago post (about the weird caterpillar I found in my backyard) and I was going through old posts to respond, I was reminded of all the fun posts I used to write! It was like, wow--this used to be good! And then I felt guilty...

So I'm about to run out the door for my oil paintimg class but felt impelled to write something even though I know no one's reading. In fact, that might be a good thing, as I can be more stream of consciousness and just punch some stuff out which is maybe just what I need to get back into this...

I am also taking an "illustrated journaling class which is fun but requires a lot of writing which, frankly, I have been WAY out of practice with.

I'm not going to promise to keep up with things here--because it seems like when I do that, I never post again! So I'll just say that I do miss writing and I need to get back in the swing and there are a LOT of fun/cool things that have happened since that last post in L.A. that wish I had written about.

Must go to oil painting now! Miss you all!

10 comments:

Allison said...

I have missed your posts, too! But, I understand...sometimes life just gets the best of us! But, I do appreciate you visiting my blog and commenting from time to time. Have a great week.

Becky said...

I have missed you too, and fallen off the blogging wagon too. The worst fall I've even fell...and I {{think}} I want to continue, but to recreate myself and my blog in a more anoyomous way. I love to write and photograph, but got to caught up in the sits game and was doing it for the wrong reason. I love seeing you occassionally on fb, and loved reading about your family...They remind me of my busy full life :) And with Pickle and Summer being around the same age it was always just very interesting...
I too have been getting bombarded with the chinese writing...ugh!
Anyways...great to see you post :)

Modern Camelot said...

Aw, I know how it is, I have been lapsing quite a bit lately as well. But I love your blog, so I'm sure if you come back, everyone will start reading again, I know I will :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer said...

Thank you guys! I'm feeling "bloggy" lately so I'm hoping I will get back into it! Thanks again for your support!!

Rebecca Jo said...

I saw you posted & I got all giddy! Miss your unique style! And miss Pickle & the boys! :) I bet they've grown so much since your last post!

Mimi said...

We've missed you too! Glad to see you back!

Suzie said...

Oh my Gosh she is too cute!!

Unknown said...

I am sure this recipe is going to make my family happy. I am going to try it for lunch next day for sure. Thanks a lot.
Eva VTF banaspati oil

maria said...

so cute. :*
تجهیزات فست فود