First of all--I'm feeling much better! The fire has been extinguished from my throat and the cotton is mostly gone from my head. The knife is still in my stomach--but it's not as twisty. Thank you for the well wishes!
I saw these "end of the year" questions at Freeul and thought it might be fun to tackle!
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Went on a trapeze! And I'm NEVER doing it again!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't remember if I made any--that can't be a good sign. I did make more and so far I'm sticking with them...sort of...
.3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes! My sister had a baby girl.
.4. Did anyone close to you die? Thankfully, no.
5. What countries did you visit? Other states--but not other countries.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Another baby--but that's just wishful thinking.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? All the kids' birthdays always stand out to me. And Don turned the big 5-0!
.8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I think starting my blog was a big achievement.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not continuing to exercise when my trainer went on maternity leave.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I hurt my back (badly!) hitting Don with a diaper bag. Looong story--maybe I should blog about it?
11. What was the best thing you bought? We bought some very cool artwork.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Andy had an amazing year--he was the lead in the school play, won the school spelling bee and also a State-wide science competition!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Gov. Rod Blagojevich--disgusting!
14. Where did most of your money go? Aside from housing? Probably clothes for Pickle! Whoops!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Seeing My Chemical Romance--three times!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? That Kid Rock song "All Summer Long" will always remind me of hanging out with the kids at the pool this summer.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? Happier or just as happy.
b) thinner or fatter? I think thinner--but I've been too scared to get on the scale lately.
c) richer or poorer? I think richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Watercolor painting and knitting.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Just wasting time.
20. How did you spend Christmas/Hanukkah? Having a great time with my family. It's all HERE.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? I sort of fell in love with the Edies!
22. What was your favorite TV program? Dr. Drew's Celebrity Rehab!!!!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Ummm...I don't think so.
24. What was the best book you read? I read a few that I enjoyed--The Memory Keeper's Daughter, My Life at Grey Gardens and Loving Frank.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Well, MCR continues to be my best musical discovery of all time--but I totally got into the soundtrack from Oklahoma (that was the play Andy was in) and pretty much sang the songs all the time.
26. What did you want and get? I got some beautiful photographs by my favorite photographer.
27. What did you want and not get? That baby...
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Well, the film I saw that I loved the most was Grey Gardens--but it's an old movie, I'm just out of the loop! But my fave from those released in 2008...Revolutionary Road was excellent--in fact, I want to see it again. But I haven't seen some of the "big" movies yet this year--haven't seen Milk yet, for instance. Oh, and don't kill me (Max!) but, although I "get" that Slumdog Millionaire is a very cool movie, I can't say I liked it that much...
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I had a pretty low-key birthday last year--I need to pump up the celebration this year! I don't like the dwell on the number though...
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If we had figured out our real estate situation...it's still going on.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Pink hair! And a hint of Little Edie!
32. What kept you sane? My date nights with Don and just putting my feet up and relaxing at the end of the day.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I'm sure you're all desperately sick of me saying this, but: Gerard Way!!!!
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The Presidential election.
35. Who did you miss? I miss the kids when they're at school.
36. Who was the best new person you met? I met all my blogging friends! And Teddy and I met Frank Iero from MCR!!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. I read The Secret and learned a lot of interesting concepts that I attempted to put into action--basically it's the power of positive thinking.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Think happy thoughts." MCR (of course!) and just a lyric that I love.