Thursday, September 10, 2009

Way Overdue

Man, this move is ruining my blog!

That's right, we've moved--and I'm living amongst piles and piles of boxes and lots of confusion. And there is extra confusion because the painters are still here (even though they started almost a MONTH ago!) so the piles of boxes are covered with plastic and tarps.

The house i s a complete disaster area, but I'm hopeful that when the painters are done with the kitchen, I can at least set up a base there and make things semi-normal for the kids.

Oh the kids--they STILL haven't started back to school! Which has made the moving ordeal seem so much more chaotic. The school decided to do a huge renovation over the summer that dragged on (and on) so they postponed the opening. But they will return on Monday and hopefully some kind of routine here (that will include blogging!) can be established.

I'll leave with a few blogworthy highlights (well, really lowlights) that I haven't had time to write about:

--The movers were here for over 15 hours!!! Translation: the move was waaaaay more expensive than we anticipated.

--There was a mix-up and we were phoneless/Internetless until a day ago.

--Something I learned: If a box of cocoa powder explodes in a box packed with paperwork and other miscellaneous kitchen items--it's nearly impossible to clean.

--Another thing I learned: I have way too many boxes of cocoa powder.

--We installed a new fence in the yard which the dogs promptly escaped from.

--In my frenzy to catch them, I slipped and fell flat on my back and twisted my ankle in the process.

--We painted the family room purple!

Thanks for being patient with my logy blogging practices. I promise I'll be better soon...

Photobucket

15 comments:

Becky said...

Moving is so exhausting! I bet you will be so glad when the kids go to school on Monday! whew!

Can't wait to see pictures of that purple room girl!!!!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

We just moved too so I feel your pain! Sorry you got owies. And like Becky said, I cannot WAIT to see pics of the purple room! I LOOOVE purple.

mrsmouthy said...

Even though I haven't been out in Blogland much lately, I've been thinking about you and your move. My husband is renovating one tiny bathroom and it feels like our house has been flipped onto its roof. I can't imagine what you're going through!

Anonymous said...

I hate moving. You want to be careful with all that cocoa powder, you know that if you fill a room with cocoa and sulfur powder, toss in a match you can blow the whole house apart. Think about that as the winter comes and your making hot cocoa for the kids...

Purple! You gotta be kidding me? Mauve, maybe; Lilac, more likely.

AV

Rebecca said...

Wow! 15 hours? I've gotta start saving my pennies for when we move! I hope it gets finished quickly from here on out...I can't believe they postponed the opening of school...I've never heard of that!

Ronda's Rants said...

I like to move...I don't mean love it but I do like it! You end up being forced to look at the things you own and decide " Do I want to still own you>"
I can't wait for pics!!!

CaraBee said...

Must. See. Pictures. Of. Purple. Family. Room.

Kristin said...

I hate moving. Can't wait to see pics when things have settled down some.

Rebecca Jo said...

cant wait to see pics of the new place!!!

Jen said...

Ooo, I can't wait to see pictures on your purple room.

Susie said...

Moving is the worst! I hope you get back to normal soon...for your sake:-)

Mimi said...

I hope that it will all be worth it in the end!!!

I hope your ankle heals quickly.

We'll be here when you get back.

Audrey at Barking Mad! said...

If there is one thing in life that I hate, it's moving. Full bore HATE it. So I have total empathy for you right now.

I have enjoyed reading all about your BVI holiday. It sounds fabulous and it looked like you all had a wonderful time. Thanks so much for sharing all of those pictures.

noble pig said...

OMG don't even talk to me about moving expenses...I just paid mine last month and geez...bankrupting. Anyway, take your time...and purple, can't wait to see a picture.

Anonymous said...

Ugggh....I hope your ankle is better soon. At least you tripped "over" something...I seem to do it randomly for no reason. That's supposed to make you feel better.
I can't wait to see pictures when things settle down...