Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Speed Cooking!

OK--this is great idea that I wish I had thought of: There are places out there (Dinner by Design, for one) where you can go and prepare a bunch of dinners in one night, pop them in the freezer and have them ready to cook when you need them!

A few weeks ago, I went with a group of friends (it was like a party!) and made a bunch of dinners and a couple of desserts--it totally changed my life! No more fumbling around for ingredients, desperately trying to come up with last-minute dinner ideas--I just reach into the freezer and they're all at my fingertips!

Tonight I went by myself and in about an hour and 15 minutes I made:
-Grilled beef w/ horseradish
-"Cubana" burgers
-Chicken Piccata
-Caribbean pork chops
-Indian curry chicken
-Pulled pork sandwiches
-Island pork tenderlion
-Tuscan bistro cakes
plus Key lime/white chocolate cookies!!

It's great because everything is chopped up and ready to measure out and you use Ziploc baggies to arrange and freeze the meals! Now my freezer is stocked and I'm ready to go. Patrick wanted to try the Cubana burgers first so they're in the fridge and ready to go for tomorrow night!

No comments: