Monday, June 29, 2009

Halloween in June?

Yesterday, Pickle and Gooser emerged from the the basement dressed like this:
Full Batman attire and a strange stripped-down butterfly! Both ready for action with trick-or-treating bags. Since we were about to go out, I found the rest of her butterfly costume and she's been wearing it non-stop ever since.

Then Gooser was experimenting with various other remnants of Halloween--and he ended up up with a combination Alien-Zombie-Freddy Kruger. I should have taken a pic of the whole get-up, but I took these artsy ones of him looking out the window:
Pickle felt left out and called out to me to take her pic through the window too!
And finally--isn't it sad about Billy Mays dying?? We met him in March when we were in L.A. and he was so nice. He took time out to talk with and take pics with the boys.
This sure hasn't been a good week for celebrities--they're dropping like flies! Poor Billy Mays...



Photobucket

15 comments:

Allison said...

great costume pics! glad they had fun with it!

it is sad about billy mays. i had no idea until just last night when i saw a tweet about it!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Well, who said that Halloween is not in July? Maybe it's an attire for Independence Day Parade? LOL

Rebecca Jo said...

Every girl needs butterfly wings & every boy needs a cape! FOR SURE! Its a rule of life! :)

That's right!!! I remember when you all met Billy Mays! Isnt that horrible... what the heck is going on in Celebrity World?

I LOVE that picture of Pickle peeking over the window sill...

CaraBee said...

Kids do love to dress up! Is it just the lighting or does Pickle have some serious abs?!

Is Billy Mays no. 3? Let's hope that's the last one!

Ronda's Rants said...

I love costumes in the summer...we could start a new trend!
I was sorry to hear about his passing...How sweet is the picture of him and your children!

Jennifer said...

Billy Mays is #4! It went Ed McMahon, Farrah, Michael and now Billy...

Susie said...

Billy Mays passing was so unexpected and sad! I don't know what is going on with celebrities this past week. I hope the madness is over.

Your kids are so cute!!

Becky said...

I love the window you used to take their picture in. Very cool. I wish I had a window like that for pictures. It is gorgeous!

Poor Billy Mays. His thumbs up is making me even sadder;(

Jane In The Jungle said...

Love the window pic....and glad you found the rest of the butterfly!!

Aren't you glad you're not a celebrity this week??

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I love it! I think we should have several Halloweens per year. It's a great holiday!
Billy Mays' death is very sad. So young!

Aubrey said...

How fun would it be if we could dress up every day?! That's the life!!

I feel bad because I got a little chuckle out of your "dropping like flies" comment. LOL Sad...but true.

Aleta said...

It's so weird about the celebrities, isn't it? Everyone is shocked and sad....

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your children. They always are a delight.

Auds at Barking Mad said...

Awwww what a great shot of your kiddos with Billy Mays. That's a memory for sure, and it sounds like it was a really nice one, too.

Jen said...

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! It looks like they had a good time playing!

So many celeb deaths this past week. It is just so weird!

Anonymous said...

That is definitely laugh-out-loudable! You have the best blackmail photos of Pickle--definitely enough to make sure she behaves throughout all of high school!